Posted to alt.home.repair
A K A K is offline

Default Reducing the german cockroach population

On Monday, May 20, 2019 at 11:29:39 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Mon, 20 May 2019 03:28:04 -0700 (PDT), A K
wrote:

I am looking for new ways for reducing my German cockroach population.

I current use Diatomaceous Earth and roach bait.

I keep areas fairly clean of food particles.

I live in an apt. so I understand that they can come from their apartments.

Thanks,
Andy

The only way to make a dent in them is to get everyone in that
building to let the exterminator in on the same days and stay after
them for a couple of months until all the eggs have hatched. You also
need to treat the ground outside.
German and Asian roaches are the worst and they have been living with
people for thousands of years. They are very hard to get rid of and
easy to get back.
Give me the good old Florida palmetto bug (American cockroach) any
day.

The roaches are not very populous.

Observation:

Since using DE and roach bait, I do not see them in the kitchen and trash which has a ring of DE around it.

I am now finding them walking across the carpet and on living room walls.

Andy