John Laird

Default Silent thermostat

On 31 Dec 2003 15:53:08 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

"Dave Gibson" writes:

"Huge" wrote in message
Our bedroom gets very cold at night, due to having unheated spaces on 5

[27 lines snipped]

Have you thought about an electric blanket?

I've never been very happy about the idea of electric overblankets. Are
they safe?

My experience of falling asleep on an underblanket (accidentally left
switched on) is that you will die of overheating first. However, they do a
good job of taking the chill off the bed itself, and you should not feel
cold while you fall asleep. Two people under a winter rating duvet ought to
get through the night without discomfort even in a cold room.

[Alternatively, why don't you move to one of your other gazillion bedrooms
when it's chilly ?!]

--
Press any key to continue or any other key to quit.

Mail john rather than nospam...