Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Default Carriageway retexturing?

On 23/05/2019 12:03, Brian Reay wrote:
On 23/05/2019 11:21, R D S wrote:
On 23/05/2019 11:18, R D S wrote:

Is there any danger this will be more than a temporary fix?

"Whereas hot applied thermoplastics has a typical shelf life of 18
months, JMS provide you with the solution and guarantee to more than
triple the lifespan"

7.5 years. LOL.

There was (is?) a system we (the UK) used to build roads which was
supposedly cheaper. As I recall, they put in the 'base layers' and then
a 'top coat' (or coats). The idea was, provided the top coats were
renewed every x years (x was quite small, I think 5-10 at most) the road
would last for ever.

Needless to say, the top coats weren't replaced in many cases, so the
base layers got damaged, and the whole idea flopped. Whether it would
have worked if applied correctly is open to debate.

Certainly, I can think of (main) roads that seemed never to need repair
but weren't made of tarmac - but they were darn noisy to drive on, a
combination of the joints between the concrete (or concrete like) slabs
and the ridges on the slabs.

Have you done the SW section of the M25 recently?

--
Adam