Posted to rec.woodworking
Jack Jack is offline

Default OT Who makes the best woodworker's tape measure?

On 5/23/2019 1:09 AM, Bill wrote:

I watched some snooker matches (I think the season is coming to an end).
Most matches with Ronny O'Sullivan (sp?) are good. I also can appreciate
a good one-pocket match. I find watching either of those games to be
relaxing. People have become so good at 8-ball and 9-ball that I don't
find it that entertaining to watch. OTOH, when I was playing a bit, I
liked to play 9 ball. I don't think I've ever caught a match "live" on
YouTube, but usually, the videos come out on YouTube within a couple of
hours.

If you are into one pocket, the best ever is a recent match between Tony
Chohan and Dennis Orcolo. It was streamed by POV pool and is in 3
parts. Race to 30 for $50k. These are two of the best one pocket
players on earth, Tony probably number one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckIkWGz3RAQ

Normally I consider one pocket one impossible bank, squeezed between 20
safety's. This match is a glaring exception. Tony makes a ton of
incredible shots, unmatched in one pocket history. POV pool compiled a
video of them and you can see them he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94TFGdJEMy0

These are not trick shots either, he's playing for 50k. Chohan is a one
pocket monster.

I just looked up "X1 TV box". It reminds me of my Roku device. Any
advantages to it? Looks like I can get one for $30 on Amazon. To humor
you, I should mention that our dog has "eaten" 3 Roku remote controls
(see if your dog likes them!) ; ) We now try to remember to pick up the
remote controls up every time we leave the room.

That's what I have, it's a Comcast/Xfinity cable box/recorder. Nothing
at all like Roku. It is awesome though. You can record on mutiple boxes
with it, has voice so I can just speak commands to it, like "POV pool on
youtube" and it will pop it up, or "forward 3 minutes, 30 seconds" and
skip right past commercials, and so on.

--
Jack