Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb[_3_] dpb[_3_] is offline

Default Crimp sleeve or alternate ideas...

On 5/22/2019 10:14 PM, Clare Snyder wrote:
On Wed, 22 May 2019 21:46:05 -0500, dpb wrote:

this range was one of the oven door locking switches for the microwave
function -- I was able to find a couple of NOS Cherry identical
replacements for them on eBay for like $1/ea so I bought like four for
spares... They could be replaced with any limit switch of roughly
same geometry but having the identical one makes replacement trivial
rather than having to manufacture a mounting arrangement or build a
longer reach arm or the like...

There are some parts to the latch that are really fun to make
replacements for too - - - - would be easy (er) with a full machine
shop

I did actually make and insert bushings into the locking arm pivots
before replacing the limit switch -- initially it would close if the
handle were held at its limit and there was wear such that was extra
play in the mechanism. After a couple months, though, the switch did
finally give up the ghost completely...