Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default freezer thermometer with remote access

On 22/05/2019 13:19, Allan wrote:
Am looking for a freezer thermometer that can be read (& receive
alerts?) remotely.

My sister has a freezer in a weekend cottage with a load of food in it,
and it would be a shame to loose it.
There are occasional outages (which are bearable) and sometimes just one
circuit on the RCD trips (which we may or may not know about)

We have hive for heating (but they don't appear to have any thermometers
of any sort), and a couple of webcams, so we know if the power goes off
in the whole house or on certain circuits, but it would be nice to get
some warning if the freezer gets too warm (there is a friendly neighbour
who will go in and flick a breaker switch as necessary)

Any recommendations/thoughts?

TIA

ZWave has temperature sensors with probes on wires and the ZWave signal
can generally manage from a house to a shed, if your walls aren't foil
lined or mentally thick.

https://www.uk-automation.co.uk/z-wa...sor-by-fibaro/

Needs 12V. Try Qubino too - they might have a mains one, you'll need to
pop in a plastic box and run the probe out.

The harder part is to choose a sensible Hub - but it can be done with a
Pi and https://www.home-assistant.io/getting-started/

The benefit is that you can pop on a flood sensor or two, room
temperature sensor to alert to freezing conditions and turn a couple of
lights on and off for anti burglar reasons.

--
Email does not work