Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default How To: Remove a cracked set screw

On Wednesday, May 22, 2019 at 7:50:50 PM UTC-4, Ed Huntress wrote:

John, can you give us a general idea of what the "fairly easy" EDM
power supply is like?

--
Ed Huntress

It has been a long long time ago, but what I remember is that we used an isolation transformer with a dipper and bucket voltage doubler connected to the output. So that would be a transformer, two diodes, two film capaciters, and maybe a resister to limit the current when ( not if ) the electrode shorts to the work. We used a wooden dowel in the drill press so the drill press was not hot. We used the drill press spindle stops as a rough adjustment and just leaned on the spindle for the fine feed. Crude but it worked.

Dan