Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Best way to install shower tray

On 22/05/2019 14:34, GB wrote:
On 22/05/2019 13:29, Lee Nowell wrote:
Hi

We have bought a low profile solid shower tray. The bottom is
completely flat. Our other one had ridges and I installed successfully
using mastic to stick it to the flat ply floor.

I used the same technique on this one but think that because the
bottom is flat the mastic wouldn't spread evenly and net result was
some give in the tray. I have now lifted it up again and wonder what
the best option is to fit it?

One option might be to put many thin beads of mastic with spacing to
help the spread but wonder if I will get the same issue. The
manufacturer has an alternative of putting sand and cement on top of
the ply and fit the tray on top (unclear whether this is a dry or wet
mix and what thickness)

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Lee.

It's a wet mix, and a weak mortar. It works quite well.

I'll second that.

SteveW