Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Apprentice with a tape measure problem

On 22/05/2019 11:32, whisky-dave wrote:
On Tuesday, 21 May 2019 19:25:35 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 20/05/2019 21:50, wrote:
On Monday, 20 May 2019 18:58:48 UTC+1, Andy Burns wrote:
It's surprising the number of doors that have "pull" signs and handles
on them which are, in fact, also pushable.

My communal front door has a "push to exit" button to release the maglock, but the actual door is a pull-to-exit.

Well there's another story. Different apprentice watching me get out of
certain building to get the the van. Now the trick is to either drop the
door exit break glass or if it's a plastic one to just press it. You
just reset the BG when you come back into the building.

He got confused between the green door exit BG and the red fire alarm
call point. And the fire alarm was linked to the fire station:-(

In some places here they have them right next to each other which is pretty stupid thing to do.

I worked with a guy who while checking instrumentation on the exhaust of
an industrial, flexographic, print machine (the sort of thing that
prints a million crips packets or more a day), pushed the emergency stop
to ensure that no-one attempted to restart it (only for his readings, he
didn't need to access the machine itself) - only he pushed the green
one, instead of the red one and filled the machine with dry powder from
the extinguisher system. It took days to clear up.

SteveW