Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default DIY Underfloor heating?

On 21/05/2019 21:46, Roger Mills wrote:
On 20/05/2019 16:38, R D S wrote:
I want to overboard a draughty, uneven floor.

And as I could do with raising it about an inch I was thinking about a
thick insulation inbetween.

Then I started thinking about UFH and there are pre-grooved polystyrene
panels that would be ideal.

So just wondering if anyone has any experience of DIY UFH or any
opinions of UFH in general.

If you can only raise the level by 1", your options are very limited.
There's nowhere near enough room for a wet system,

Ther is more than enough room for a wet system

The pipes are less than an inch diamter. Insulation goes below between
te joists.

I was assuming it was a solid floor. If it's a suspended floor, there's
more chance - but still too tight in my view.
--
Cheers,
Roger