Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TeamViewer

On 21/05/2019 23:37, Pancho wrote:
On 21/05/2019 21:50, Steve Walker wrote:
On 21/05/2019 21:02, Jethro_uk wrote:
On Tue, 21 May 2019 19:14:34 +0100, Pancho wrote:

I don't know what you mean console session in Linux. Do you mean ssh
client, if so why not use MobaXterm (or Putty, if you can handle the
mouse button cut/paste dangers)

No, I mean access to the *physical* screen of the machine.

A lot of Linux remote solutions create virtual displays (remember, Linux
is really Unix.

Being picky, Unix is a trademark and Linux is Unix clone or
Unix-alike. Specifically, "Linux Is Not UniX."

SteveW

Yeah, BSD isn't Unix either,

I think it actually is.Remember back in the day therre was berkely unix
and system V unix.

And a dozen different brandings of both - SUNOS, IRIX. etc etc.

but it was always called Unix back in the
day. Why not just call Linux Unix. Like we call a vacuum cleaner a hoover.

I'm not sure if I have used a kosher Unix for years?

I am not sure a kosher unix ever existed. Maybe on a PDP-11...

--
The New Left are the people they warned you about.