Posted to uk.d-i-y
% % is offline

Default Where's your oven?

On 2019-05-21 12:45 p.m., Rod Speed wrote:

"R D S" wrote in message
Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven
unit but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your
face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

I have mine still sitting on concrete blocks on the floor
because I have never gotten around to building it in.

I have never had a problem with it steaming up
my glasses. Not clear why you do and I dont.
The top with the controls is basically at head
height, mainly because that sees the grill under
the oven itself at the right height and I still use
that a lot particularly for steaks and chops etc.

I dont use the oven much at all anymore.
I prefer to use digital air fryers for most of
my dinners now and still use the big glass
convection ovens for roast legs of lamb
that dont fit in the digital air fryers.
https://www.myer.com.au/p/the-nutrio...B&gclsrc=aw.ds

Much easier to put the big glass bowl
in the dishwasher than the obscene
job of cleaning the wall oven. \

The digital air fryer pan and internal
thing go in the dishwasher fine too.
I only bother to wash those every
couple of weeks and use the air
fryer almost every evening.

you mean you guys cook your food right inside the house