Posted to uk.d-i-y
RB13013 RB13013 is offline

Default powder coated gates dulling

replying to Suz, RB13013 wrote:
I had powder coated gates installed in Oct 2015.
I have tried various way to clean them but nothing seems to work.
This Morning I gave the gates a scrub with soapy water and then hosed them off
- no good left the black coating dull with grey streaks.
This afternoon I made a Mixture of used sunflower oil and white spirit. 50/50,
poured into a hand spray, sprayed onto the gates and used a paint brush to
coat the nooks n crannies. - Looks a treat.
I last did this about a year ago but using only sunflower oil.
Hope this helps you.

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...ng-177985-.htm