Posted to uk.d-i-y
David David is offline

Default Where's your oven?

On Mon, 20 May 2019 22:33:41 +0100, R D S wrote:

Our oven was a bit high up in that it was in a floor intended oven unit
but on a worktop (albeit without legs), so it was right in your face.

Kitchen redesign will have it in a lower position.

It's in a temporary housing ATM between waist/chest height and when
opened it steams my glasses up.
So i'm thinking of having it too high again.

Just wondering where folk have their ovens?

We have what might be described as a "mock double oven".

Single oven starting about 600mm up from the floor.
Combination microwave and oven starting at 1200mm from the floor.

For me it is important to have the top of the top oven at around eye level.
The Bosch combi which we use most is at this height.
The single oven below is a little low as you have to stoop to get stuff in
and out and the grill is below eye level but is far more user friendly
than an under worktop oven.

Cheers

Dave R

---