Posted to uk.d-i-y
Marland Marland is offline

Default Apprentice with a tape measure problem

Andrew wrote:
On 20/05/2019 18:58, Andy Burns wrote:
whisky-dave wrote:

it is rather silly wasting money putting pull handles on push doors.

It's surprising the number of doors that have "pull" signs and handles
on them which are, in fact, also pushable.

(manual) Sliding doors are particularly troublesome in public
areas.

On a Rugby trip to Paris after a decent drinking session we retired to the
hotel as dawn broke,
Lying on the step of the hotel which was so low budget it didnt have
anyone visibly around at night on reception there was a shivering sodden
bundle which turned out to be a colleague who had headed for bed*before
midnight but had spent some hours outside the entrance in the rain.
€œ ****ers have locked the door * he said The look on his face and
expletives he came out were a joy to behold as someone gently slid the
sliding door open.

* It wasnt that he couldnt drink but the bed he intended to end up in
wasnt at the hotel as he went off with a good looking girl with a grin on
his face that you couldnt remove with a scrubbing brush only to discover
he had been played for free drinks and a taxi home.
We naturally were full of sympathy and so concerned that hypothermia may
have affected his memory
told everyone he knew about the incident over the next few weeks.

Still, got him out of a wedding that he couldnt afford. Thats what mates
are for.

GH