Jim Helfer

Default Howto Extend a portable dishwasher water snap-lock water supply line

I have a portable dishwasher, but the water supply line that sanp-locks
onto the faucet is not long enough to use the dishwasher where I want it.

A lady in an orange smock sold me a brass M-M coupler, but when I
tried to use it to connect an extension (actually a 4 foot length of
washer supply hose - seems to be the same thing), there was quite a bit
of leakage.

Since I used rubber gaskets and tightened the connection down quite a
bit, I am guessing that the coupler solution is only for garden hoses,
and not for higher pressure applications.

I know that I can probably easily cut the hose and making it longer
with splicers and hose clamps, but I thought I'd ask for advice before
doing anything non-reversible.

Thanks for any advice.

Jim H
Pittsburgh PA