Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Outlook 97 issue

Robin submitted this idea :
On 20/05/2019 10:14, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Harry Bloomfield laid this down on his screen :
Graham. has brought this to us :
But don't you have a suite of folders (inbox, outbox,* sent items,
* etc) for EACH mail account?

No, I have it sorting incoming mail into folders based on the subject
line. 10 folders in total, but just one outbox and the outbox is empty. A
bit of reading suggests these stuck emails are read receipts, probably
automatic read receipts, which do not appear in the outbox. Mail which
came in via Tiscali, but read receipts would not have been able to be sent
out by Tiscali servers, because they do not allow it.

Just to be clear - I log into several of my accounts including tiscali, to
grab mail, because several people contact me via those old accounts. I
wonder if there is some setting in Outlook to ensure all outgoing mail goes
out via one account, irrespective of the account it came in on?

Distant memory suggests not if you /reply/ to emails. All you can set is the
default for /new/ email.

Without my doing anything, the problem has gone away. Weird..

Time to own up, I'm actually running Win10 64bit as the OS, using MS
Office 97 because it does all that I want and more.

I was laughed at a week and a half ago, because I went in a shop to ask
the cost of replacing the battery in my old Iphone 3. It's battery had
recently died, but it did all that I thought I needed - I was wrong. I
decided a newer one wouldn't cost much more that a battery, so I bought
a new old stock SE. Its a really impressive step up in speed and the
apps it will run. Even more impressive, some of the apps are more
functional on the phone, than on the PC - as if the PC versions are an
afterthought.