Posted to uk.d-i-y
Robin Robin is offline

Default Outlook 97 issue

On 20/05/2019 10:14, Harry Bloomfield wrote:
Harry Bloomfield laid this down on his screen :
Graham. has brought this to us :
But don't you have a suite of folders (inbox, outbox,* sent items,
* etc) for EACH mail account?

No, I have it sorting incoming mail into folders based on the subject
line. 10 folders in total, but just one outbox and the outbox is
empty. A bit of reading suggests these stuck emails are read receipts,
probably automatic read receipts, which do not appear in the outbox.
Mail which came in via Tiscali, but read receipts would not have been
able to be sent out by Tiscali servers, because they do not allow it.

Just to be clear - I log into several of my accounts including tiscali,
to grab mail, because several people contact me via those old accounts.
I wonder if there is some setting in Outlook to ensure all outgoing mail
goes out via one account, irrespective of the account it came in on?

Distant memory suggests not if you /reply/ to emails. All you can set
is the default for /new/ email.

--
Robin