Posted to alt.home.repair
T[_6_] T[_6_] is offline

Default Sharp R21LCF fuse replacement

Hi All,

We had a power flash at out house (lights flickered).
And our Sharp R21LCF microwave went out at the same time.

Looking at the service manual for my Sharp R21LCF,

https://www.dsvendinginc.com/images/...als/R21LCF.pdf

I see that cause of a completely dead machine is the Monitor
Fuse (figure O-1 at the bottom of page 9).

Why they call it a "Monitor Fuse" is beyond me.

The manual says (page 12):

If monitor fuse is replaced, the monitor switch must
also be replaced. Use part FFS-BA033WRKZ as an assembly.

Here it is on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Sharp-FFS-BA0.../dp/B001RCHEWC

It shows both the switch and the fuse separately.

Why can't I just replace the fuse (1-1 on page 34)?

Many thanks,
-T