calhoun

Default Installing Replacement Windows

New windows use nail fins. Be sure to wrap the opening with tyvex (felt etc)
before install.

"José Domínguez" wrote in message

I guess I should have been more specific and use the correct
terminology. The quotes are to have the windows replaced with new
windows. They will remove the old ones and get the new ones in.

My concern was with the difference in the installation procedure between
two installers. One said he wouldn't use nailing fins and screw the
window thru the frame while the other uses the nailing fins.

Any advantages/disadvantages on using one or the other method?

Thx,

José.