Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] spuorgelgoog@gowanhill.com is offline

Default Ownership of kitchen and DIY store by Travis Perkins - where tobuy kitchen?

On Sunday, 19 May 2019 16:00:18 UTC+1, David WE Roberts (Google) wrote:
I would opt for pre-assembled (as from Howdens and Benchmarx) instead of
flat pack because you get it the next day and also you don't have the
issue of missing or broken bits in the flat pack. Plus the time taken to
assemble.

I don't think most pre-assembled units are any better quality, as I assume the shop assembles them for you from flat-pack before putting them on the van.

They're also a lot harder to get up stairs etc.

However, DIY Kitchens which seem to have a large number of fans do prebuilt units, 17 colours so you can get a colour match etc.

"assembled using glue and dowel construction techniques and with doors and drawer fronts factory fitted." They can also supply unglued if getting up stairs is an issue.

https://www.diy-kitchens.com/about-d...-ready-to-fit/

For comparison, this is real wood, about £180 for a 500mm base unit without door

https://www.solidwoodkitchencabinets..._cabinets.html

Owain