Tony Hwang

Default Garbage Disposal Problem

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:

"dave" wrote in message
. com...

I installed a garbage disposal in my home a couple of years ago. It
had been running fine until a few weeks ago, when the drain started to
get plugged up. Snaking the drain would resolve the problem, but it
kept happening. Suspecting that it was the garbage disposal, we
stopped using the disposal, and the problem went away.

Snaking the line may relieve the problem, but maybe is not fixing it. Could
be some residue is still in the pipe. Perhaps at a bend there is buildup.
Be sure to run lots of water with the disposal and for a minute or so after
the garbage has gone down. You want to clean the line well.

Hi,
My understanding is, you don't use hot water when the unit is being used.
Tony