Posted to uk.d-i-y
Scott[_17_] Scott[_17_] is offline

Default Superglue removal

On Sat, 18 May 2019 08:30:53 +0100, Ian Jackson
wrote:

In message , Ian Jackson
writes
In message ,
writes
On Friday, 17 May 2019 19:08:31 UTC+1, ARW wrote:
On 17/05/2019 18:48, Scott wrote:

Just a thought but could you stick them in boiling water?

I superglued two of my fingers by mistake. I thought I had a problem
on my hands (literally!) but it came off fairly quickly just by
putting my hand under running water.

But you probably noticed that your fingers were stuck together:-)

The keys have probably been stuck for a week.

But it's easy enough to find out.

It does go mushy in water but takes a long time. I'd probably start by
tapping the keys with a hammer, cyano is somewhat fracturable. And if
you can get a blade in a crack between them, you should be able to
bend them to complete uselessness.

Heat the keys with a soldering iron - but keep your well away (unless
you also want to clear your sinuses).

Who stole 'nose' ?!

F**k nose :-)