Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
rbowman rbowman is offline

Default Two simple questions that came up when mounting tires at home

On 05/17/2019 11:00 AM, Arlen G. Holder wrote:
I just want the kind of connector that fits "whatever I've already got"
although I _am_ interested in why they have the different types, where all
these differences are great, but it still has to fit what I've already got.

I realize that there are criteria that result in different designs but
the engineer in me is offended when the main criteria seems to being
slightly different from the other company's design. I have a collection
of oil filter cap wrenches, all of which are almost, but not quite, the
same. Even if the filter itself is for the same applications the
different manufacturers have to march to their own drummer.