Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rotten Apple?

On Thursday, 16 May 2019 14:10:00 UTC+1, Davey wrote:
On Thu, 16 May 2019 12:42:39 +0100
Bill wrote:

OK, I've given up.

I'm not sure why yuo didnlt try migration assistant first,
from the apllications/utilities folder.
The n you can select thin gs to copy or not to copy over, it doesn't give you detailed options but things like photos, apps, documents, network setting, desktop etc.

Personly I'd forget about using icloud to start with, unless you had the PC set up with it previously.

A friend that uses my Macmini for backup and uploading to youtube
complained that copying videos from photos to the desktop was tacking ages 30 mins plus.
What he was doing was copying videos from photos to the desktop of his icloud account, rather than the computer desktop, he was also backing up his ipad and iphone to his icloud account that was full.

It reminds me of when I wanted to join a TomTom forum, so I could
complain about the wrong directions that lorry drivers using the devices
followed, and ended up trying to drive through our living room.
TomTom Forums needed my device serial number to register, but since I
didn't have a TomTom, this was impossible. Another kind of Catch-22
situation.

Well I can understand that, some componies don;t want comments from people that don't use their products.

--
Davey.