Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris Chris is offline

Default replacing a plain flat roof section with some fancy glassfibrestuff

Hi all,

Our house has a flat roof section (so called 'cold roof') running between
two conventional diagonal gradient tiled roofs. It's 1.2m wide by 6.0m
long and is currently covered in roofing felt (with the green shingly
stuff). Anyway, it's getting a bit tired so I got some quotes to replace
it. Bad news is, seems it's not up to code these days and the roofers
want to replace it with some fancy 'Polyroof System' to make it more
efficient. But they've quoted me £5,720 + VAT to do it. That seems a heck
of a lot. I'll never get my money back on heating saved before I die!

So... does the price seem about right, or am I getting shafted?

tia.