Posted to uk.d-i-y
jkn jkn is offline

Default Superglue removal

On Thursday, May 16, 2019 at 7:40:52 PM UTC+1, ARW wrote:
As well as apprentices with tape measures and a computer that did not do
what I want it to do I have one final question/post.

I have a bunch of keys covered in dried superglue.

Google says acetone will clean them. Anyone tried it?

One of the keys is a pretty secure padlock key with more dimples on it
than on the recent post about getting a key cut.

--
Adam

I believe that nitromethane is good for dissolving superglue. 'Nitro' is used in
model aeroplane engine fuel - probably the easiest way of getting hold of it -
so I am a little surprised that superglue is also used in aeromodelling, but
there you go.

TNP will probably be along in a minute to lay down his law on the matter...