Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graeme[_7_] Graeme[_7_] is offline

Default Gutters and downpipes

In message ,
writes
On 16/05/2019 18:05, Graeme wrote:

The bottom half is original cast iron, and a short test length of
modern plastic 68mm pipe is a bit loose, say 2 or 3mm.

As long as the top piece goes inside the bottom piece a slight gap
can't matter. If everything else is CI then why not replace this top
section with CI? When I replaced some CI I found that the gaps were
quite large so I locked-up the joint by tapping-in a strip of lead
sheet, then topped-off (flaunched?) the joint with a little mortar to
give a run-off.

OK, thanks. Ideally the replacement will be CI, but as the only spare
length to hand (i.e. in the shed) is plastic, that will do for now.
--
Graeme