Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Rotten Apple?

In message , John
Rumm writes
It includes:

"Turn on iCloud Photos

Download iCloud for Windows.
Open iCloud for Windows.

At this stage, it asks for Username and Password.
Enter them and it says "Cannot Sign In. Your Apple ID must be used to
setup iCloud on an iOS or OSX device before you can use iCloud for
Windows."
I have tested what happens if I enter the wrong password here. It says
Incorrect Password as expected.

This is basically where I have got to many times, and why I gave up.

I only revisited it because I know John is trying to help.

In both the real and virtual machines' Start Menu I now have an iCloud
Photos option.
Clicking this brings up a Download and Upload icon in what appears to be
a subfolder of This PC. I can drag and drop into either of these
folders, but can't make head or tail of whether the file has gone
anywhere.

I really must stop wasting any more time on this!

Next to Photos, click Options.
Select iCloud Photo Library.
Click Done, then click Apply.
Turn on iCloud Photos on all of your Apple devices.

You can also choose to use My Photo Stream and iCloud Photo Sharing
(Shared Albums), and customize the location of your upload and download
folders.

--
Bill

---