dave

Default Garbage Disposal Problem

I installed a garbage disposal in my home a couple of years ago. It
had been running fine until a few weeks ago, when the drain started to
get plugged up. Snaking the drain would resolve the problem, but it
kept happening. Suspecting that it was the garbage disposal, we
stopped using the disposal, and the problem went away.

The garbage disposal *runs* fine, but it appears that it isn't
chopping up waste fine enough for it to flow into the sewer line
without clogging up the drain.

Do I have any hope of fixing this thing, or should I go out and get a
new one?