Posted to uk.d-i-y
S Viemeister[_2_] S Viemeister[_2_] is offline

Default Nuisance calls

On 5/16/2019 5:48 PM, Chris Green wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

I'm with virgin who bizarrely make it cheaper to have POTS+TV+BB than
standalone BB. But the phone hasn't been plugged in for 4 years.

Personally I would not want to be without my landlines... better voice
quality, lower latency, integration with my PABX, and they circumvent
the somewhat ropey mobile signal here (i.e. it works, but only in some
places in some rooms of the house).

I'm with you there John. The poor quality and plain unreliability of
many mobile calls gets on my nerves, especially when the caller
actually has a landline and is at home.

I was very glad to have a landline this week - we lost power for hours,
twice, due to an enormous wildfire (north coast of Scotland). After
about an hour, the local mobile tower died. With the landline, we still
had access to the outside world.
Today, EE was working on that tower, and standard mobile service
disappeared. My current phone does wifi calling, though, through the
broadband I get with the landline.