Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bill[_18_] Bill[_18_] is offline

Default Rotten Apple?

In message , Adrian Caspersz
writes
On 16/05/2019 10:11, Bill wrote:

When I try to look at his photo album in either OS, I get the
following message:
"iCloud Photo Sharing is not available for this device".

I think I'll give up unless anyone can suggest a magic way forward.

Bill. I should give up.
You are clearly too stupid to use a computer.

Give up.

Apple have built a secure walled garden around their sharing service,
intended for families, er, iFamilies.

Your son should be able to post snaps to other services on his device.
Whatsapp?

or wait until he comes home - which is what we used to wait for in the
old days, the slide show ...

He seems to have largely reverted to email so I now have quite a few
pictures and a video he took of the bear opening the door of the pickup
truck next door, climbing in and emerging with packet of crisps it had
found. Today he is in the Smoky Mountains.

I remember slide shows. Ages to set up, the smell of hot dust on the
lamp and, ultimately, tedium.
--
Bill

---