Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jim K.. Jim K.. is offline

Default Black mould on underside of roof felt

Andrew Wrote in message:
On 13/05/2019 15:33, Mathew Newton wrote:
Forgot to add that there's no musty smell up there either and so I am really starting to have doubts now...

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 1:50:59 PM UTC+1, Mathew Newton wrote:
I'm starting to wonder that myself Brian. Certainly I couldn't see any 'fur' that I've seen accompanying black mould I've seen in other houses / on the web, indeed there doesn't look to be any 3D properties to what I've got as far as I can tell.

On Monday, 13 May 2019 07:23:59 UTC+1, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes I was wondering about that and indeed whether a bit of condensation from
the causes mentioned would be enough to create it.

It looks like the black lichen spots that you get on patios that
are only cleaned once in a blue moon.

Do you have a combi boiler or are there tanks in the loft ?.

If the latter, are they fitted with snug-fitting lids and
insulated ?.

If you have expansion/overflow tank for the heating system,
is there any possibility of pumping over ?.

Do read the F thread...
--
Jim K

----Android NewsGroup Reader----