Posted to uk.d-i-y
Andrew[_22_] Andrew[_22_] is offline

Default Black mould on underside of roof felt

On 12/05/2019 12:21, George Miles wrote:
I guess there isnt enough ventilation in the roof,
has someone added lots of glass fibre and blocked the vents at the eaves?

I don't think they bother these days if the roof is constructed
with a breathable membrane under the tiles.

A cul-de-sac of social houses near me included a specially
adapted house for a wheelchair-bound lady.

I think a lift was installed but she ended up almost bedbound.

A few years after being built I noticed that some vents had
been addded to the flanks of the roof, two on each side of
the ridge half way down. I guess with her living upstairs
with the heating on full blast, a lot of hot moist air must
have permeated into the loft space.