Posted to alt.home.repair
Frank[_24_] Frank[_24_] is offline

Default Need HALP picking out a new cell phone

On 5/13/2019 11:27 AM, Snuffy wrote:
"Ed Pawlowski" wrote in message ...
On 5/13/2019 1:41 AM, Snuffy wrote:

Anyways........ I am changing cell carriers from AT&T to Spectrum -- strictly due to price. So my question is do any of you have opinions about any of these choices - they are all in the same price range...

LGStylo4 -- $10/mon for the phone for 24 months (or bring own phone $0)
iPhone 6S -- $15/mon
iPhone 7 -- $19/mon

I don't like the iPhone as much as the Android so I would go with the
LG. Had an LG in the past and it was good.

I hope you get better service with the phone than they give with cable.
When we moved here we signed up with Spectrum and the phone and TV
service sucks. I'd not trust them to Fk up my cell phone.

I'm with you there. I may end up buying the cell phone outright and just using service month to month. Spectrum took over Time Warner here in So Calif and I can't tell any better or worse. But I just use internet for email and low data applications, no cable TV. in 2015 Internet and one phone line was $35. Now it's $65, still better that alternatives. Their tech support for mobile is in Raleigh NC, which is a big plus over "My name is Buffy, how may I kindly serving you".

Wife and I have Tracfones. Mine is just a flip phone for $100yr. Hers
is a cheap android smart phone which was about $30 including maybe 3
months minutes and additional small data plan, maybe 10 gigs, with
minutes is $125/year. She has never used data outside house and there
is no cost when she does in the house with internet wifi. If your phone
use is minimal, Tracfone is the way to go. Companies with plans can
screw you if you need a new phone.