Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] hubops@ccanoemail.ca is offline

Default can opener cutting wheel

On Mon, 13 May 2019 06:33:38 -0700 (PDT), Cindy Hamilton
wrote:

On Monday, May 13, 2019 at 9:26:48 AM UTC-4, wrote:
On Mon, 13 May 2019 03:34:18 -0700 (PDT), wrote:

Where would one find a new cutting wheel for a handheld can opener?
I know you could buy a whole new one but I love a challenge.

Cutting wheel ? on a can opener ?
All the can openers I have ever seen use a
fixed cutting edge.
The toothed wheel drives the cutter ; the smooth wheel
works like a guide.
Cleaning all the grunge off and giving the cutter a little
rub with a file sometimes helps performance.
http://www.leevalley.com/en/garden/p...33,40734,66521
John T.

Here's a picture and video of a can opener with a rotating cutting
wheel:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Can_opener
I have one very much like it.
Cindy Hamilton

Ahhh Ha .. now that I see it - I must admit that I have seen
that type before. I've just recently replaced my ~ 10 year old
Lil Kim with another Lil Kim.
John T.