Posted to uk.d-i-y
George Miles George Miles is offline

Default Rainwater soakaway good or bad for garden?

Yes Jim,
we are diverting the rainwater from the septic tanks.

My question is would a soakaway in the garden help the plants
or dry them out more in drought conditions?

Or put the soakaway outside the garden in the field

[george]

On Sunday, May 12, 2019 at 7:29:40 PM UTC+1, Jim wrote:
"George Miles" wrote in message
Our 7 houses need a new rainwater drain so the roof water doesnt flood the
septic tank.

rainwater shouldn't go to the septic tank ....

At first I though having a soakaway near my raspberries would add more
water to the plants.

should go to the herringbone outfall from the septic tank ....