Posted to uk.d-i-y
Vir Campestris Vir Campestris is offline

Default Bleeding radiator question

On 09/05/2019 21:23, wrote:
On 09/05/2019 21:14, Vir Campestris wrote:
On 08/05/2019 12:04,
wrote:
Although this is a bit academic, it might be of general interest to
someone. The International Standard Atmosphere defines sea level
pressure as 1013.25 hPa; in the bottom part of the atmosphere, this
decreases by approximately 1 hPa every 30 feet. The real-world
sea-level pressure varies daily between (very roughly) min and max of
980 and 1040 hPa, so that's between about 32.8 and 34.8 feet of water.
Here endeth the lesson ;-)

Hectopascals? really?

This is the first time I've ever seen them used.

Andy

Yup! It used to be millibars, but that became too familiar so it changed
to hPa - even units get rebranded :-)

I've seen Pascals and kPa many times. It's the hecto that surprised me.

Andy