Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Cursitor Doom[_4_] Cursitor Doom[_4_] is offline

Default Oldtimer question (valves/tubes)

On Sun, 12 May 2019 17:02:11 +0100, Mike Coon wrote:

The computer museum at Bletchley Park has (or had) a valve re-cycling
exchange. I bequeathed (or dumped) my father's collection of valves and
his (Taylor?) big wooden-cased valve tester to them and they made
appropriate gratitude noises...

Oh, I save the tubes alright; I'm not that much of a philistine.
That valve tester of yours was probably an AVO. I've got a couple of
those in my collection.