Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Repairing rusty Crittall windows

On 10/05/2019 04:43, alan_m wrote:
On 09/05/2019 23:32, Michael Chare wrote:

I have found that I can buy plastic window frames with double glazed
glass made to order to the size I specify. I plan to replace my Crital
frames and wood surrounds.Â* The frames are 7cm thick and have to be
glazed from the inside.

Are not all double glazed windows glazed from the inside? Otherwise the
glazing bars can easily prized out and the DG unit removed by your local
burglar.

No.

Mine are glazed from the outside, but you have to remove the inner
rubber bead which allows the panel to move inwards 1/8" inch which then
allows the outside trim to be removed. It's quite clever.

--
Email does not work