Posted to rec.woodworking
Sonny Sonny is offline

Default Drying walnut slabs

On Wednesday, May 8, 2019 at 11:36:49 PM UTC-5, Gramps' shop wrote:
I came into three 8/4 walnut slabs today. I am going to see if there is a local kiln service,

Also, if your slabs have any significant burl, you may not want them kiln dried. Burl needs to be air dried slowly, over a good long bit of time. Kiln drying burl will cause the wood to split, check too much and/or odd/uneven shrinkage and the like. Depending on what you use them for, milling "warped" burl slabs can be lots of work, unless you have good tools for something that size, that thick.

Sonny