Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years - saving over $400

On Tue, 7 May 2019 13:40:24 -0700, sms wrote:

On 4/29/2019 1:48 AM, Arlen G. Holder wrote:
UPDATE:

Today I mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years, where
each time I do this easy job, I learn new tricks to make it even easier.

snip

Several issues with DIY static balancing.

First, it's static balancing when you really want dynamic balancing for
proper balance at high speeds.

Second, for tread warranty you need proof of tire rotation which you'll
get when you go in for any rebalancing (if necessary)

Third, Costco, where most people buy their tires, often has 1ยข/tire
mounting and balancing offers.

Whoa. I never bought a tire at Costco, and I know nobody who has bought a tire at Costco.
I'm sure Costco sells a lot of tires, but most people do NOT buy their tires from Costco.