Posted to rec.crafts.metalworking

Default 30 volt power supply

On Tuesday, May 7, 2019 at 7:12:38 AM UTC-4, Jim Wilkins wrote:

I already bought all the metered power supplies I can justify in
anticipation of interruptions in trade with China. This output
regulator is the most capable. Before it came out I bought the 50V,
15A model.

https://www.amazon.com/KKmoon-Progra...ding=UTF8&me=&

The unregulated supplies that power them were built around a 24V 250VA
control transformer and a 50A buzz box welder, both with Variacs to
adjust the output. With solar panels connected to the capacitor they
draw AC power only when clouds dim the sun.

Definitely an order of magnitude more capable, but also an order of magnitude more expensive.

Dan