Posted to alt.home.repair
Tania Wilfrad Tania Wilfrad is offline

Default Circular Saw Burning/Smoking Problem

replying to jmyszka, Tania Wilfrad wrote:
I faced this issue - it was a brand new blade, so no doubt on the sharpness
here. Yet, on my very first cut itself the wood started smoking, and the saw
would not go in as smoothly as it should be.. But the cut was not that bad at
all, and that made me doubly confused. Later on, after reading through
multiple posts, including this forum, i realized that i made the mistake of
putting it on in the reverse direction - actually, the blade was meant for a
standard clockwise rotation cut, but my machine ( a cheap one ) was expecting
an anti-clockwise blade.

I just reversed the blade, and voila! burning stopped, cuts are much more
cleaner

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/mainte...em-133535-.htm