Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Installation of 3kw instantaneous handwash water heater...

On Sat, 4 May 2019 17:53:41 +0100, ARW wrote:

Kettle and washing up bowl?

If I was fussed about washing hands in cold water that might be my
second option. Though I do like running water but am happy to wet
hands with cold, soap up etc, rinse in what is now hot water.

Wonder if you can get lower temperature bimetal discs for kettles so
it trips off at 50 C? I suspect not as most (jug type) seem to rely
on a steam path from the top of the kettle to the disc in the base.

Intended use is important. 3 kW is only enough umph to heat 1.5 l per
minute by 30 C. ie a from mains temp of 12 C to a "warm" 42 C, "hot"
I consider to be nearer 52 C. A 40 C rise pushes the flow down to 1.1
l/min.
In practical terms those flow rates will take 15 to 20 seconds to
fill a mug, I'm not convinced that is fast enough for a good rinse...

--
Cheers
Dave.