Posted to alt.home.repair,rec.autos.tech
Vic Smith Vic Smith is offline

Default Just mounted & static balanced my 30th tire in about five years - saving over $400

On Sun, 5 May 2019 13:04:14 +1000, Xeno wrote:

On 5/5/19 3:46 am, Arlen G. Holder wrote:

Nobody even once said that 'proper balancing' isn't what we're after.

Dynamic balancing *is* proper balancing. My point was that static
balancing is a waste of time because it cannot guarantee proper
balancing 100% of the time. It cannot guarantee it 50% of the time. I
have balanced more tyres on a dynamic balancer than I care to recall and
pretty much all required *dynamic balancing* due to unbalanced masses
being offset from the tread centreline. Had you *any* experience in the
industry with a dynamic wheel balancer you would know this to be true.

Well, then. Arlen can just buy a dynamic tire balancer. In the meantime he can eat crow.