Posted to alt.home.repair
Clare Snyder Clare Snyder is offline

Default Better electrical connection

On Sun, 05 May 2019 14:01:16 -0400, wrote:

On Sun, 5 May 2019 12:20:45 -0400, Ralph Mowery
wrote:

In article ,
says...
or Voilamart Cable Crimper Tool Kit Wire Terminal Ratchet Plier
Crimping Set on ebay out of south carolina for $7.25 US!!

I don't either, but I just ordered one...we'll see if it'll stand up to
more than one crimp cycle--unlike the HF "Greenlee" knockoff punch set
that was so soft the threads simply pulled out of the die on the first
attempt through nothing more than a handy box wall...

Sometimes cheap is just cheap; sometimes a low price is "inexpensive"
and on rare occasions a "bargain"

We'll see which classification these fall into!

--

Guess that I am a sucker also. At that price I ordered one. I have
several good quality ones, but might be good to stick in my 'emergency'

I never understood that. Why carry junk tools for an "emergency" when
you may only have one chance to get home. Rounding off bolts,
stripping out screw heads and making bad splices is not going to
improve your chances of getting the job done when you need it the
most.

+1
When I really NEED a tool (emergency) is when I do NOT want to find
out how crappy the tool is. Particularly not by having it break and
skin my knuckles or crack my noggin- - -. The tools I carry in the
truck are tools I TRUST to get me out of a jam - not into one!!!

Not Snap-ons or other "high-brand" stuff - but quality Mastercraft
tools which have proven over the years to be reliable (stuff I buy at
Canadian Tire on sale for $89 - regular price $200 oe more) and have
NEVER let me down, in the shop or on the road. I had a few sets of
CHEAP tools that I picked up or inherited over the years that I threw
out a few years ago. I didn't even want to put them on the table for a
garage sale and have someone hurt themselves with them.