Posted to alt.home.repair
Ralph Mowery Ralph Mowery is offline

Default Better electrical connection

In article ,
says...

I never understood that. Why carry junk tools for an "emergency" when
you may only have one chance to get home. Rounding off bolts,
stripping out screw heads and making bad splices is not going to
improve your chances of getting the job done when you need it the
most.

I may have not made it very clear. I have a bag with mostly good tools
that I can just grab up to take where I think I may need to do some
work. In it is several good meters, soldering gun, all kinds of
wrenches and screwdrivers. Some electrical tape and connectors and
fuses.

My $ 30 HF set is in my truck because I never can tell where a
screwdriver or wrench may be needed . I keep a kit of tools in my car
that I bought at Sears many years ago for the same reason. I don;t
think I will need the tools for car or truck as they do not have very
many miles on them. However I might run into what my son did a few
months back. His car would not even try to start. He had just had a
new battery installed and drove it a few days. Then it would not try to
start. He called me and when I looked at it, one of the battery clamps
was not tight. If he had just about any inexpensive tool with him and
knew what to look for, he could have been back on the road.