Malcolm Stewart

Default Silent thermostat

"Huge" wrote in message

So ... I bought a Dimplex 2kW convector heater to have on at night,
thinking it would be relatively silent. Wrong. The thermostat in it
reminds me of the Rank Organisation's gong in the credits of their
movies. So, we're lying there wide awake (nice and warm, mind)
listening to this thing going *TICK*, long pause, *TOCK*, long pause,
*TICK*, long pause, *TOCK*, long pause, *TICK*, long pause, *TOCK*,
long pause, *TICK*, long pause, *TOCK*, long pause, *TICK*, long pause,

Ear-plugs? but then you won't hear the smoke alarm...

--
M Stewart
Milton Keynes, UK