Posted to alt.home.repair
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Better electrical connection

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
.net...
In article ,
says...

Just found another pretty decent looking crimper for low price:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/4-In-1-Wire...kAAOSwcVtbbUFB
$29.99 us plus shipping out of California.
or Voilamart Cable Crimper Tool Kit Wire Terminal Ratchet Plier
Crimping Set on ebay out of south carolina for $7.25 US!!

I don't see how the fellow can sell that crimper for $ 7.25, but it is
very similar to the type of crimpers I use.

That Walmart special may be ok for some low stress connectors. I have
one similar made by Klein but all I have ever used it for is to cut down
some screws. It only does the insulated terminals, but I have never
used it for that.

At work I made many connections using a tool made by Stak-on. It had
long handles so I could really mash down on the connectors. It worked
fine.

I think all the bad things people say about the crimp connectors are the
ones that do not use the proper tool, or do not use it correctly.

From what I have read, the proper crimp sort of cold welds the wire and
connector after a while.

Not convinced that its possible 'after a while', it has to happen when its
crimped.